Home | Weather
..Board of Commissioners


The Elkhart County Clerk acts in the capacity of Secretary to the Election Board.  The Clerk’s Office processes the following workload:

  • Traffic Tickets
  • Misdemeanor and Felonies
  • Civil Cases: Small Claims, Mortgage Foreclosure, Dissolutions
  • Probate, Estates, Guardianships, Trusts
  • Confidential: Juvenile, Adoptions, Mental Health and Protective Orders
  • Miscellaneous:  Marriage Licenses, Facilitate Elections, Tax Warrants, Sheriff Sales
  • Archives and Microfilm
  • Voter Registration

Contact us at the Elkhart County Clerk’s Office: 
8am - 5pm on Mondays and 8am - 4pm on Tuesday through Friday
We have two locations to serve you!

Elkhart Courts Building: 
315 S. Second Street
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone:  574-523-2233

Goshen Court House: 
101 N. Main Street, Room 204
Goshen, IN 46526
Phone:  574-535-6431

Voter Registration:
117 N. 2nd St., Room L1
Goshen, IN 46526
Phone: 574-535-6476

Archives and Microfilm:
3022 West Wilden Avenue
Goshen, IN 46528
Phone: 574-535-6668 / 574-535-6724

The County Clerk's department is the clerical part of all court business. The department keeps records of judgments, orders of the court, wills, and matters of trust in probate proceedings; issues marriage licenses; receives money for child support; accepts filing of commencement of actions in litigation; and performs other miscellaneous duties.

Clerk of the Circuit Court
Wendy Hudson, Clerk (R-2014)

The Clerk has three (3) offices in Goshen which is the county seat, and four (4) offices in Elkhart.

Office Hours

All offices are open 8AM to 5PM Monday, and 8AM to 4PM Tuesday through Friday. (Clerk of Superior Court #4 in Goshen remains open till 6PM on Tuesday to accommodate traffic court)

Mailing Addresses


Clerk of the
Circuit Court

101 N. Main St.
Goshen, IN 46526

Clerk of the
Superior Court 3

101 N. Main St.
Goshen, IN 46526

Clerk of the
Superior Court 4

101 N. Main St.
Goshen, IN 46256


Clerk of the
Superior Court I & 2

315 S. Second St.
Elkhart, IN 46516

Clerk of the
Superior Court 5

315 S. Second St.
Elkhart, IN 46516


Clerk of the
Juvenile Court

315 S. Second St.
Elkhart, IN 46516

Clerk of the Superior Court 6

315 S. Second St.
Elkhart, IN 46516


Clerk Phone Numbers


Circuit Court - Goshen



Elections Division - Goshen 


Marriage License - Goshen


Child Support - Goshen


Child Support - Elkhart


Superior Court 1& 2 - Elkhart



Superior Court 3 - Goshen



Superior Court 4 - Goshen


Traffic Tickets: (574)-535-6407


Superior Court 5 - Elkhart



Superior Court 6 - Elkhart



Juvenile Court - Elkhart

Commission on Public Record - Goshen (Archives and Microfilm)
Access to Public Records

The Clerk of the Circuit Court adheres to the rules of public access to its records. Due to volume of court documents and the courts divided between Elkhart and Goshen, there may be delays in locating files.

Filing Fees

Civil Cases (includes dissolutions, torts, miscellaneous) $156.00* Plus $13 Sheriff Service Process fee to Sheriff if paperwork is to be served by Sheriff's Department
*Plus $50.00 Mortgage Foreclosure Counseling and Education Fee for an action to foreclose a mortgage.
**Plus $20.00 Alternative Dispute Resolution fee for all Divorces, Legal Separations, and Juvenile Paternity cases.
Estates and Guardianship $176.00
Juvenile Paternity $175.00
Adoptions (Plus state board of health fee $70) $156.00
Small Claims $96.00*Plus $13 Sheriff Service of Process fee to Sheriff if paperwork is to be served by Sheriff's Department
Traffic Tickets  $133.00 (minimum)
Copy Fees
Certified copy of marriage license $2.00
Fax Fees $1.00
Marriage License
     In State $18.00
     Out of State $60.00
Clerk's Certificate $1.00 per page
Copy $1.00 per page
*for 1 defendant

**additional fees may apply


Payments made to the Clerk can be by CASH, money order payable to the Clerk, or now by credit/debit card. Payment by credit/debit card can be made in person at our office, by phone to PayGOV (1-866-480-8552) or on-line at www.paygov.us. A convenience fee applies to all payments by credit/debit card. Corporation or Company checks are ONLY acceptable for payments on garnishment orders. Payment by coin in excess of $5.00 is not acceptable.


Copyright 2006